Monday, April 21, 2008

Holy Conviction Batman!!

WOW, as you may have guessed from the title, my last day or so has not gone real well. A few weeks ago my sister moved out of her husbands house, and took their 9 month old son with her. In the time since then, I had come to accept that they were going to get a divorce.
However, yesterday, God smacked me right in the face about it. He reminded me that even when divorce is the right decision, He still hates it. He convicted me, in as much as, if I wasn't praying against a divorce, then I was rooting for one...there is no middle ground with God. I had just accepted that Beck was going to grow up without his dad, and that my sister would be a single mom. Neither of those is God's plan, but like I said, it isn't necessarily the wrong decision either.
How could I be so blind to not only think that divorce was eminent, but to think that it was what God preferred in this situation...what an idiot I was being. It is true that I am the chief of sinners, and have no room to judge anyone else for anything they do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are called to judge brother.

1Co 5:12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Are you not to judge those inside?
1Co 5:13 But God will judge those outside. Remove the evil person from among you.15

Clint W. said...

Thanks for the comment...but I am having a hard time seeing how that ties into my post. I made one small sentence at the end of two paragraph post that mentioned judging.