Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stuff and Things

Well, everything has been going pretty well in my life. There are certainly some things that absolutely suck, but in order to protect those that I love, I can't really go into that right now. Crystal is just under 6 weeks away from having our baby girl - Tatum. We are so excited, and so very unprepared. I have considerable work to do on the nursery. We have really tossed around the idea of moving again, but every time we look around, we find that we are in a truly blessed situation. If we try to find cheaper, the house is trashed, and no yard. If we decided to look for a 4-bedroom, everything jumps about $400 more than we pay now. So, we are probably here until we decide to buy something.
We are starting to ramp up toward summer too...of course, that gets harder when we get 2 inches of snow on April 8th!!! Alright already, we get the point, just give us summer.
School is going well...though it is only the beginning of the second week of this term. I am a little nervous about my architectural class this term, but my other class should go pretty well I think. On the upside, I didn't have to buy any books this term - so that helps financially.
Oh, speaking of school, I found out that I am getting $6000 next year in grant money. Of course, because I am only a 1/2 time student, I will only see 1/2 of that, but $3000 should still cover all my costs - including texts and fees. I think my average term this time around came to about $700 or $800 after all my costs. So, I may even get a refund. Next year we will have another baby, so my adjusted gross income should be less, which will get us more in federal aid. I'm not exactly sure how my classes are going to work starting next year. They have talked a lot about changing some of the classes around. Adding a class, and removing another maybe. Fortunately, the only they are talking about removing, I haven't taken yet, and the one they would most likely add is a lot better for me.
Church is going well. I think I am going to start playing on the worship team again next month. I can't believe it's already been over a year since I played for worship. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I won't be leading worship for a while - if i ever get back into it that deep. I really want to start focusing more on people, and assimilation into ministry. It's weird, because my heart and mind want to do that, but my skill set is nowhere close to be able to do it. i have focused so much of my life toward music that the other things have suffered. Not to mention, I am not really a 'people person', but I am praying that God will change that.

No comments: