Monday, January 7, 2008

Starting off the new year...

It's the first full week of 2008. Isn't that crazy?? I mean, it seems like it wasn't too long ago that movies based in the future were 2000. I have started in on my New Years REVOLUTION. I hate the term resolution because too many people fail at those. I am not resolving to do something, I am changing the way I live. I am reading more, exercising more, and eating less - or at least less junk food. I have a couple of friends that just keep telling me about good books to read, so I am currently into two of them at the same time, and have The Barbarian Way, Chasing Daylight, and a couple church planting books all waiting to be read. Once i am finished with "The Way of the Wild Heart" I will be free to read more. That book has become like homework for me...which reminds me, speaking of reading, I start classes again tonight. Only 6 credits this term, but one is Business Administration which I am sure will entail it's fair share of reading as well. And, last but certainly not least, I am keeping up on my Bible reading. So, two 'extra' books, several text books, and the Bible. I have never had so much to read at once. If it weren't for sports, I might as well disconnect the cable.
Yesterday was the first service in the new sanctuary at the church - that's only been in the making for about 3 years. I would post pictures, but when I got to the church with my camera, I discovered I had let the battery get too low - which has never happened before. It was a great service - on the life of Paul. What a wonderful conversion that was - from our perspective. From his, he was probably upset that he had to be blind for a while. Oh well, I'm sure he feels like it was worth it now.
Anyway, about my exercise, I am swimming 3 days a week, and doing some other fitness stuff at least one or two other days - maybe riding my trainer at home. I need to be exercising at least 4 days a week, and 5 would be great. My end goal weight is 170, but maintaining it once I get there may be the tricky part.

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

Great blog by the way.

Keep it up.