Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's been a while...

Here's the deal...I sit in front of a computer 40 hours a week, 51 weeks a year, so my week off between Christmas and New Years, not spending much time on the computer. I did take some time to post a video of a dance that the kids from our church did. Here's the link. They did a great job, as always. Every time I watch these things I am more and more impressed with my wife - who choreographs all their dances.
We had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas day spending all our time with family. For that matter, I think I spent some time with my extended family every day of the break. Between the holidays and helping my dad get the church building buttoned up, we saw quite a bit of each other. It was a great time for all of us - I think.
I have resolved to not make any New Years resolutions this year...I just want to make changes to my way of life. Maybe it would be better put to make a New Years Revolution. More specifically, I need to eat better, and exercise more - I've got about 25-30 pounds I'd like to knock off. I am also trying to commit to reading more. Until I finish school, a lot of that reading may be text books, but maybe that will help me look forward to books that I can read for entertainment.
OH...in other big news, we found out that we are expecting a baby girl this time around. It is exactly the way we had hoped, the boy first, then a little girl. I am already nervous for her teenage years, and I will begin praying for myself in that time as well as her very soon. Got some great stuff for Christmas: a fitness center membership, a book I have been wanting, some new board games, and some much needed pants. Not to mention the chai tea my wife's aunt got me - she has been keeping me well stocked with tea for a little while now - and I hope she keeps it coming. Crystal and i have been doing a lot of thinking and praying about our future recently too...it's been great for us, and a wonderful bonding thing between us.

Well, until next time....

No comments: