Friday, December 14, 2007

Here comes the weekend...

Well, tonight is when the men are seperated from the boys. A groups of friends and I are volunterily, actually even paying to, stay ina yurt tonight. The thing is, it hasn't been over 34 degrees all day, and promises to get down to around 20 tonight. That's right, us Bend men know how to rock n' roll in the winter time. Last year we did it the last full night of 2006. It was a great time - especially after we got into the yurt and out of the wind. We should all be a little more prepared this time around. It is a ton of funny no matter how cold it may get, because we love to build community with each other. If there is any aspect of Father's House that I will do my best to repeat when I move on, it will be that community. People may look past my ineptitute as a pastor if we show them true love and Godly community. Family feel is what we are after, and by the grace of God, so far so good. I would take my guitar with me, but with the weather being so cold it wouldn't stay in tune any longer than it took me to get it out of the case anyway. Tomorrow is back to the church...we are getting SOOOO close, but we've still got a few things to finish up. I think we are working on a couple porches tomorrow - yes, out in the cold.
I have been thinking and praying a lot about when the family moves to plant a church. It almost seems wrong to think about it so much when I know that I am so far away from being ready to go. I have come to grips with the fact that I can't go yet, and that my thinking about it is just God's way of giving me something to look forward to, and to strive toward. I know that He is certainly building my burden for the lost in Boise...the harvest is ripe!!! I know that there is so much potential there for growth and there are so many lost people to win - and I have never meant the word win as much as I do when I think about keeping souls out of Satan's grasp. How I wish I could lead every unsaved person in Boise to the Lord. For that matter, I would love to lead everyone on the planet to the Lord, but that is a little outside of the calling that God has placed on my heart.

No comments: