Monday, December 10, 2007

What a weekend...

Well, this was quite a weekend. I spent most of Saturday at the new church project putting siding on...we are almost completely finished with the building now - maybe another week or so. Saturday night I had my company Christmas party, and what a treat that was. I love watching people with no inhibition dancing after a few drinks. WOW - I will never look at some of my coworkers the same again. On the upside, I got a free dinner from a swanky restaurant here in town, and I won a door prize. Sunday morning we had church in the building, but not the new sanctuary. We were in the fireside room (it's about 25'x35'). We dismissed the kids at the beginning of service rather than after worship to make room, and it went great. I will say that I am glad it's only for a couple weeks, but hey, after 16 months in a tent, we can handle anything. We had 113 people there...and none of them seemed to mind that we were SUPER crowded. I think the spirit there was so nice and warm that people overlooked being crowded. I think it help being around the holiday season when everyone is a little more apt to want to be close to others...and the warmth is really nice too. Sunday afternoon we got our Christmas tree. We went out with my sister and her husband, and my parents. It was great, and we found the perfect Wills family Christmas tree. So, enough about that.
I also had a big realization this weekend. I kind of look at my faith as having two sides to it: the word oriented side and the spirit oriented side. Maybe looking at Mt. Sinai vs. Mt Zion. I have had no trouble with the academic things of knowing the Bible and memorizing scripture, however, I have also never really been into huge moves of the spirit in my life. I have no problem with them, and it's not as if I don't want the spirit to move, but I think my intellect has overrulled my spirit in those occasions. When I looked at that this weekend I realized that I have never REALLY fed my spirit man, but I have spent a lot of time feeding my Word man. I like having scripture memorized, and I know I have a good memory, so that is what I have fed. So, I think I am going to start looking for ways to feed my spirit man some more. I don't know exactly what that will look like, but I am going to find out. I have already decided to start going to the church prayer meetings every Tuesday night. Crystal has youth group, and my aunt watches Levi every Tuesday anyhow, so I think I am going to start with that. Once school starts up again, I'll have to figure something else out, but I have a few weeks here to go. Maybe that will jump start that part of my life, and I will have a good place to build from when school does start again...and my Tuesdays are full again. I would challenge you to do the same assessment...after all, as nice as Mt. Zion is, and as necessary as Mt. Sinai was, Mt. Calvary is the only one that really matters, and that is the balance between them.

No comments: